HTAGJobs as a service provider guarantees the user the complete privacy, confidentiality and security of the data entered in his account, including his personal data, as well as the data related to his business partners. However, HTAGJobs can not be held liable for acts of third parties.
The user account database guarantees the complete confidentiality of the data.
In no case shall the user’s personal data be disclosed or provided to third parties or used for advertising or marketing purposes without the express consent of the user, unless the user violates the terms and conditions of use of the service. In this case, the personal data of the user may be used for the purposes of civil, administrative or criminal liability.
The user authorizes HTAGJobs to use their data to send information about new services and updates of existing services.
HTAGJobs will provide user account information if notified or court served for that purpose.
At any time you may update or change your personal data.
The present conditions are intended to guarantee the user a safe and effective use of the service provided by HTAGJobs.
- Logged In vs Logged Out Users: Logged in users are users who have registered (created) an account on the site and have provided their Username and password to log in to the site. Some sites require users to be registered and logged in to do things like comment on an article. Logged out users are users who have not logged in, or who do not have an account on the site at all (e.g. visitors).
- Gravatar: An optional public profile, including a photo or image, related to your Email Address.
- IP Address: The address of your device on the Internet. This address is assigned by the Internet Service Provider providing the connection to the Internet which your device is using and may be shared with other devices at that same location.
- REST API: An alternative means of accessing the data on a website. Instead of navigating a browser to a page to retrieve website content, a script or other means is used to electronically collect website content. The content retrieved via the REST API interface for a given article or media attachment may include more data than is displayed in a browser.
- Role: A logged in user also has a role, e.g. Contributor, Author, Editor, etc. Each role has a prescribed set of capabilities – e.g. some roles can delete comments but others cannot.
- User Agent: A browser’s user agent is a line of text that usually includes which browser you are using, its version, and your operating system and its version.
Comments Left by All Users
- If you elect to leave a comment on an article, in addition to the comment text you provide we also collect your IP Address and your User Agent.
- Your comment text, your Name, Email Address, Website (URL), IP Address and User Agent are accessible by administrators on our site.
- Following approval of your comment, your comment text, your Name, and Website (URL) (if provided) are visible to the public.
- Comments containing links or certain words or phrases may require manual approval by an administrator.
- Your comment, including comment text, your Name, Email Address, Website (URL), IP Address and User Agent, is:
- stored in the website’s database, access to which is restricted to site administrators. Site administrator authentication is by username and password.
- retained indefinitely until explicitly deleted by an administrator.
Comments Left by Logged In Users
- You may edit the Display Name used for new comments in your profile.
- If your role on the site has sufficient permission (e.g. Editor), you may edit or delete comments.
Comments Left by Logged Out Users / Visitors
- If you are not logged in to the site and elect to leave a comment on an article, we require your Name and your Email Address and we request your Website (URL). You may also elect to provide a partial name, initials or even a pseudonym in lieu of your full name. You are not required to provide a website URL.
- When you leave a comment, you will be asked if you opt-in to saving your Name, Email Address and Website (URL) in your browser for future commenting. If you so opt-in, we store three cookies on your browser to make it easier for you to comment again in the future. The cookies contain your Name, your Email Address and your Website (URL). They are set to expire after one year.
- Articles on this site may include embedded content from other services (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.).
- These services may collect your IP Address, your User Agent, store and retrieve cookies on your browser, embed additional third party tracking, and monitor your interaction with that embedded content, including correlating your interaction with the content with your account with that service, if you are logged in to that service.
- If you create an account on this site, you will be prompted to select a Username and provide your Email Address.
- When choosing a Username, we strongly advise you not use or include your real name. Usernames cannot be changed.
- Your Username and Email Address are stored in the website’s database. Your Email Address is used to send you an email with a link to set your password or to send you an email with a link to reset your password in the event you forget your password.
- Once an account is created, you must contact an administrator to have it deleted.
- Accounts have a numeric User ID assigned to them when they are created. The User ID cannot be changed.
- You may optionally complete your Profile by providing your First Name, Last Name, Website (URL) and/or Biographical info. These additional details are also saved in the website’s database. You may edit these details, and your Email Address, in your Profile at any time.
- You may also choose how your name is displayed (your Display Name) to visitors to the site (e.g. in comments you create) in your Profile.
- Your Username, First Name, Last Name and Email Address are accessible by administrators on the site.
- Your Profile Picture (Gravatar), Display Name, Website (URL) (if any) and Biographical Info (if any) may be visible to visitors to the website (e.g. if you leave a comment or contribute an article).
- If you author an article on the website, your Username, User ID, Profile Picture (Gravatar), Display Name, Website (URL) (if any) and Biographical Info (if any) are provided to any visitor using the website’s REST API interface.
- If you upload media (e.g. images) to the website, you should avoid uploading images with EXIF GPS location data included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data included in images on the website.
- Visitors using the website’s REST API interface can correlate uploaded media to a particular user. This may allow such visitors to map a user to a particular time and location if EXIF GPS location data was included in the uploaded media.
As you may be aware, the EU is implementing a new data protection regulation (GDPR) with the aim of unifying and strengthening data protection.
From the 25th of May we will be unable to send our candidates direct marketing materials and automated job alerts unless they have opted in to receive these communications.
So what does this mean for you?
Whilst we will still hold your details(unless you ask us not to), we may be unable to send you automated job alerts,so you may not hear about all the roles which are suitable for you.
We don’t want you to miss out on a great role, so please consent to receiving our automated job alerts by updating your preferences in the links below.
The law changes on 25th May 2018, so we need you to take action today!